New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 170+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
YipitData was founded in 2010 - since then, we have become the leading provider of alternative data to the hedge fund and other investment communities around the globe.
In early 2019, YipitData launched a new business unit providing data to corporations. Our Corporate business has been growing quickly and we are expanding our data team by hiring a Director of Product who will be key to the success of the initiative.
Our Director of Product role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with 9+ years of experience to help scale our Corporate business and launch transformative new data products for YipitData’s new customer segment.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarters is located), or anywhere in the US.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Developing and launching new data products to help market leaders navigate the ongoing transition to a digital-first world
- Spearheading customer discovery efforts, identifying and prioritizing the must-have themes in the sector, and defining the value proposition of the product
- Big data analysis skills and managing teams that are leveraging SQL, Python, Pyspark, Tableau, Databricks, and Airflow
- Building, heading up and supporting a product team to accelerate the growth of the business
As the Director of Product, you will:
- Own the development and launch of a new industry sector for YipitData’s fast-growing Corporate division
- Hire, manage, and mentor product managers with a goal to build out an entire high-performing sector team
- Be in charge of the discovery, development and delivery of YipitData products in your sector
- Work with internal teams to understand current capabilities and available third party data sets, while working with our Head of Data Partnerships to procure additional data sources to create a compelling product for your sector
- Be responsible for overall sector P+L and working closely with sales partners to join prospect calls and manage/prioritize product development pipelines based on potential ARR vs ability to execute
- Own data analysis workflows, data pipelines to clients, qualitative industry reporting, and dashboard products for client consumption
- Serve as a domain expert to clients and prospects by having an accurate and deep understanding of customer pain points in your sector and existing competitor solutions in the market and identifying YipitData Corporate's unique value proposition
You are likely to succeed if:
- You have 9+ years of experience in a B2B product/research team, management consulting, data provider/vendor or as part of a Corporate Development/Strategy team
- You have 3+ years of management experience and you enjoy managing and supporting a team
- You have an established track record of launching successful products
- You are excited to develop a new product line and build a team to help you scale it
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to help build a new business from the ground up
- You love solving ambiguous problems and are willing to persevere through the highs and lows of creating something new
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You have an ability to manage multiple priorities
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity, highly competitive salary & bonus plan
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.