New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 170+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and venture capital funds in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors answer their key questions.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Shanghai-based Research Product Associate to help expand our coverage in Asia and lead product strategy for our popular subscription data product. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-4 years of experience in sell-side research or management consulting who wants to lead the data-driven future of investment research.
As a Product Research Associate, you will gain experience in:
- Data Driven Research: Generate valuable insights using our datasets, working with SQL and other technical tools to build granular analyses of large, disruptive industries
- Relationships: Become a trusted resource for our subscribers and work with them to identify their key unanswered questions
- New Product Development: Work closely with our NYC-based data and engineering teams to help produce new research features and products
- Scaling Our Team: Play a leadership role in training new Asia-based hires
You're likely to succeed, if you have:
- Experience in equity research or management consulting styled writing
- A background in business analysis and a passion for data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of finance & accounting
- A commitment to learning new technology skills and working at a company where everyone learns to code
- Professional working proficiency (oral and written) in English and Mandarin
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field
What We Offer:
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.