New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
As our Director of Product Management, you will lead the discovery, development, implementation, and improvement of YipitData products focusing on our client’s data experience.
This is a terrific opportunity for a product innovator to drive YipitData’s client engagement and growth by building pioneering products and experiences that help our customers capitalize on our valued data.
Our Data Experience function began in mid 2019 so you will be in a unique position where you will be setting and leading the team’s product management strategy, making critical decisions that will impact product and company outcomes, as well as promoting collaborative execution with other employees.
As the Director of Product Management you will:
- Own our customer’s experience of YipitData’s data and research
- Own the product strategy that creates value on top of YipitData's data and research
- Understand the workflows, problems, and needs of our users through client interviews and by working with the Revenue Team
- Research other key players and comparable data provider offerings
- Make critical development diagnosis and resolutions by analyzing data and customer feedback against defined success criteria
- Quickly, collaboratively, and iteratively execute on experiments, prototypes, and info gathering
- Maximize user adoption and retention by working with the Marketing and Revenue teams
- Evaluate and execute on alternative distribution strategies for our data and research
- Communicate progress and roadmaps upward and outward
- Manage and mentor a Product Manager with the potential to build out an entire product team
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have a track record as a product innovator / orchestrator developing high-impact, data-centric or web-based products through a clear strategy, strong collaboration, and swift implementation
- You are strategic, can identify opportunities and problems early, prioritize them, and execute quickly and iteratively
- You create products and solve problems that are proven to support and roll-up to the company’s overall objectives and success
- You are customer-centric and can understand the complex needs of our clients
- You utilize customer interviews to identify problems or get answers
- You are data-driven and interpret data and feedback to make tough product decisions
- You are collaborative and can motivate non-team members to execute on product development
- You have a solid understanding of the technology behind data collection, data storage, data delivery, and data consumption
- You have a history of transparency with progress and roadmaps to coworkers and leadership and are receptive to feedback
- You are a team player and motivated by the company’s success
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity, highly competitive salary & bonus plan
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.