New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 170+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in New York City, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
Our Shanghai office was launched 2 years ago and is continuously growing. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and motivated Data Product Associate in Shanghai to expand our product portfolio in the Asia-Pacific market.
As a Data Product Associate, you will be the key producer of our data products received by our institutional investor clients. Our Data Product Associate role is a fantastic opportunity for analytical individuals with 1-4 years of experience to build the core skills required to succeed in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects. Recent grads with strong analytical skills are also encouraged to apply.
In this role you'll gain experience in:
- Programming: Learn Python and SQL or sharpen your existing skills by running our growing portfolio of data products
- Data: Work with massive amounts of data on the performance of important companies, using proprietary methods. You'll learn vital techniques on ensuring data accuracy and deriving key insights across a number of types of data
- Investing: Create and write data reports that are consumed by the top investors in the world. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make stock portfolio decisions
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written, in Mandarin and English
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You have an ability to manage competing priorities
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes a highly competitive salary
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
Get To Know Us:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.