New datasets are being created every day and corporations need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for the world’s largest corporations, hedge funds, and venture capital funds. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help our clients answer their key questions.
We're one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
Are you an analytical, proactive compliance professional with excellent judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and a stellar eye for detail? This is a rare opportunity to become a core contributor to the success of a fast-paced financial technology company that is building the future of investment research.
At YipitData, our legal and compliance team is an essential and collaborative partner in the company’s growth. As our Compliance and Contracts Specialist, you will be a core player in partnering with the legal team and managers across the company to ensure the company and its employees comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical best-practices and client requirements while continually evaluating the effectiveness of internal processes and implementing improvements to the compliance program as a whole. The Specialist will also be critical in supporting sales and increasing deal efficiency by managing relationships between our revenue and legal teams to streamline the contract lifecycle, reviewing initial markups to our standard contracts, improving training and knowledge sharing for the revenue team and optimizing the use of technology-based solutions to increase overall legal bandwidth.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Preparing and coordinating due diligence reviews for clients and prospects and actively engaging with clients and prospects on compliance matters, over email and phone as needed;
- Working with lawyers to respond to employee compliance-related matters, including recurring compliance attestations and/or sharing updates on our compliance program;
- Proactively identifying new technologies or efficiencies in workflows to improve the compliance program and working with legal, RevOps, and other teams, as needed, to develop, and support new compliance endeavors;
- Identifying potential areas of compliance risk and recommending, or as necessary, developing corrective action plans for problem resolution;
- Training employees on handling compliance matters;
- Working closely with the revenue team to address recurring issues related to contract generation and management;
- Collaborating with the RevOps team to improve training, knowledge sharing, and execution on all legal processes;
- Reviewing, redlining and approving various standard agreements, escalating to the legal team as necessary;
- Onboarding technology-based legal solutions and updating related contract workflows to streamline contract management).
You are likely to succeed if:
- You are excited by and highly determined to dig-in to customer-facing compliance and deal-desk work that requires rock-solid judgment, creative problem solving, and cross-functional coordination.
- You have excellent communication (oral and written), telephone, interpersonal and organizational skills and are eager to further develop these.
- You are able to work well within a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis, balancing both true ownership for your workstreams with the flexibility and judgment to know when to ask questions or involve other teams as-needed.
- You are able to multitask, prioritize, and manage a large volume of requests with strong attention to detail.
- You thrive in the unknown, are motivated to think creatively each day, and can handle new areas of responsibility independently.
- You have a Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree and a proven track record of compliance and/or contracts work or proven significant interest in the area.
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we actually mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.