New datasets are being created every day and corporations need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for the world’s largest corporations, hedge funds, and venture capital funds. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help our clients answer their key questions.
We're one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
YipitData was founded in 2010 and is the leading provider of alternative data to the hedge fund community.
In early 2019 YipitData launched a new business unit providing data to corporations. Our Corporate business is growing quickly and we are expanding our data team by hiring a Senior Data Analyst (“Data Consultant”) who will be key to the success of the initiative.
Our Senior Data Analyst (“Data Consultant”) role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with 2-4 years of experience to help scale a business from the ground up and to build the core skills required to succeed on a team at the intersection of tech, data, and consulting.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Programming and data: learn (or sharpen) big data analysis skills like Python, SQL and Spark, develop compelling data-driven analyses, and present to clients and prospects
- New product development: this early stage initiative gives you a unique chance to collaborate on product discovery, identify and empathize with customer pain points, and define the value proposition of our products
- Sales and client strategy: on a given day, you might help to develop a sales pitch, brainstorm product positioning, or guide contract negotiations, all while ensuring an amazing experience in supporting our existing clients
You are likely to succeed if:
- You have 2-4 years of experience in an analytical and client-facing role within management consulting, large FS institutions, economic consulting, or data providers
- You’re excited to help build a new business from the ground up
- You’re willing to persevere through the highs and lows of creating something new
- You enjoy working with clients and can readily empathize with their pain points
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You have an ability to manage many different priorities
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & bonus plan
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, team bonding events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust. To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.