About The Role:
We are expanding our data team by hiring Data Specialists who will be the key producers of our data products received by our institutional investor clients. Our Data Specialist role is a fantastic opportunity for analytical individuals with 1-4 years of experience to build the core skills required to succeed in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects. Recent grads with strong analytical skills are also encouraged to apply. This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
For this job, we believe people of all experience levels can be successful, so we aim to have a career ladder that starts everyone off in the same range regardless of experience. We reward strong performance with frequent compensation increases and promotions. Strong performers are nearly doubling their starting salary within about 2 years of joining!
In this role you'll gain experience in:
- Programming: Learn Python and SQL or sharpen your existing skills by running our growing portfolio of data products.
- Data: Work with massive amounts of data on the performance of important companies, using proprietary methods. You'll learn vital techniques on ensuring data accuracy and deriving key insights across a number of types of data.
- Investing: Create and write data reports that are consumed by the top investors in the world. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make stock portfolio decisions
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You have an ability to manage competing priorities
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we actually mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.