YipitData specializes in analyzing alternative data for institutional investors. We’re a growing team of 100+ employees with a client base that includes the largest institutional investors in the world.
We are looking to add a driven Legal Specialist: Compliance & Licensing to our legal team to help YipitData continue to be a leader in alternative data and build its data and customer portfolio. The Legal Specialist will continue to help develop our compliance program, build trust with our clients, and grow our data portfolio.
- Respond to compliance policy and procedure questions about YipitData and its data sourcing practices
- Work with our product team to ensure new products meet compliance standards
- Evaluate compliance policies of potential third-party data vendors
- Coordinate, monitor and implement compliance training programs
- Perform quarterly compliance program review
- Draft new, and editing existing, policies and procedures
To succeed as our Legal Specialist, You:
- Exhibit excellent judgment and have a passion for the law.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills and have a history of mastering a topic when advising on it;
- Thrive in the unknown and are motivated to solve new challenges each day;
- Interact effectively with various departments, managers and employees throughout the firm;
- Possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Multi-task and prioritize daily work and projects across a broad range of compliance and legal disciplines;
- Have Excel skills, experience with data analytics a plus.
Ideal candidates are law school graduates (bar admission is not required) with a demonstrated interest in working in-house legal department, at a fast growing company.
Compensation includes Competitive Salary + Benefits + Equity.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks excellence through diversity.