YipitData specializes in analyzing web data for institutional investors. Four years ago, YipitData consisted of 20 people. Since then, we've grown to 100+, have quadrupled our revenue and expanded our client base to include the largest institutional investors in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer at YipitData, you will be responsible for:
- Owning problems end-to-end, from understanding the user’s need to figuring out a deployment strategy
- Maintaining a code quality that sets an example for others
- Architecting solutions that will scale as we continue to grow
- Providing technical direction to others
- Maintaining documentation, being available for advice, and otherwise driving adoption of technology and best practices
- Sharing knowledge with the rest of the team through internal talks and pair programming sessions
We work in small, integrated teams, so you'll need excellent communication skills and need to be adaptive to changing requirements. Scalability and consistency matter, so you ought have an eye for detail and be conscientious about assumptions in code. Because our products depend heavily on external sources, you should be inquisitive and excited to dig deep into issues.
Although we program in Python, we don’t expect you to know it — as long as you’ve programmed in a modern programming language, we’re confident you will learn the specifics of our technology stack:
- Cloud hosting in Amazon Web Services with CloudFormation and ECS
- Databases like Redis, PostgreSQL and Redshift
- Continuous integration and deployment with GitHub, Travis CI and Buildbot
What’s more, during your first two weeks, we’ll also teach you all about our business, covering topics like:
- Financial accounting
- Sell-side research
Compensation includes Competitive Salary + Benefits + Equity.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks excellence through diversity.