ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our Ad Formats team. Our formats team (the Ad Format Lab) is responsible for designing, developing, and productizing innovative mobile ad units that often define new categories, and dramatically improve the experience of mobile advertising. To that end, we invest in talent that has both design and technical capabilities, and empower them to create new products. The team navigates the ambiguity of new experience requirements, often learning about new markets alongside the product team.
Successful engineers on this team are most often multi-disciplinary individuals with a range of talents. Engineers on this team are responsible for everything from pure R&D to the actual delivery systems that serve ads on publisher content. The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering thoughtfully designed, widely loved products to audiences at scale, with a high level of engineering rigor.
- Helps ideate, prototype, and deliver production ready new format products, and updates to our ad delivery systems
- Participates in code reviews to help team members contribute high quality code
- Is a highly motivated steward of their work, open to uncertainty, evolution and experimentation
- Supports early phase product launches with multiple “fail and iterate” cycles
- Should be a voice of technical quality in sprint planning
Possessing the following will help you to be successful in this role:
- Lead project teams from end to end
- Familiarity with ES6
- Experience working intimately with designers and customers
- Experience building beautiful front end experiences and prototypes
- Experience with mobile front ends
- Experience with TDD and other test frameworks such as Karma, Mocha or similar
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack or similar
- Demonstrable knowledge of Software Design principles and various architectural patterns
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data Structures
- Good design sensibilities, comfortable at the difficult intersection of design intent and technical constraints
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity and helping turn conversation into action
- Ability to rapidly prototype functional approaches to complex design problems
- Attention to hidden technical details that affect user experience. Constantly helping the team arrive at elegant approaches that achieve the desired user experience in a scalable way.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a continuous testing environment, leveraging tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Experience with Typescript
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.