Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
As Director, Sales Development, you will be responsible for leading a team that delivers new client engagement and the creation of qualified leads, focused on accounts across the United States. This is a hands-on leadership role responsible for a team focused on the generation of new business opportunities, qualifying inbound leads and providing valuable sales pipeline. The Director, Sales Development will be tasked with developing talent for the revenue organization. This position is located out of our headquarters in NYC and offers best in class compensation with uncapped commissions. You will play a key role as you lead this highly visible team that achieves individual, team and organizational quotas. You will be a valuable contributor to the Commercial Business Unit strategy, while providing definition and implementation of the plan for Sales to achieve their corporate objectives.
- Build, train and manage a team of self-motivated and driven Sales Development Representatives whose role consists of prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification.
- Develop direct reports into sales-ready candidates for further development within the revenue organization.
- Continuously manage the performance and development of the team by motivating teammates to exceed objectives, through proper coaching, regular broadcast of results, goal setting and creative incentives.
- Lead day-to-day operations of an inside sales team and create daily accountability for reps regarding lead generation objectives.
- Establish short and long-term outbound lead strategies for generating and qualifying sales leads, to guarantee success and growth.
- Utilize creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to proactively develop new ideas for programs to stimulate customer interest and demand, resulting in new approaches to prospecting and lead generation.
- Reporting on team/individual sales activity, quantity & quality of leads
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity, by partnering closely with SDRs, Direct Sales, Partner Sales and Marketing
- Work collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing teams to establish a systemic approach to inbound and outbound lead generation, that is aligned with sales goals and marketing initiatives.
- Establish and nurture relationships with Key Stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience managing sales development teams, preferably in marketing B2B technology.
- Proven/consistent track record of achieving monthly lead generation goals.
- Proven/consistent track record of over-achievement of metrics and quota expectations.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate teams to achieve results.
- Successful track record as a player-coach in a high volume outbound calling environment.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Ability to hire and train new sales representatives.
- Experience selling Software as a Service (SAAS) technologies.
- Bachelor's degree
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.