Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Our Infrastructure Team evaluates, builds, and supports solutions for all aspects of Systems, Networks, Monitoring and Deployment across our hybrid Iron and Cloud environment. We’re looking for an experienced Systems Engineer.
- Design, implement and operate our production infrastructure
- Develop and/or utilize and integrate automation tools
- Optimize system performance for our applications
- Provide high-level architectural guidance
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Develop policies for full system lifecycles across all stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Minimum two years experience
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Mid/advanced public cloud design (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with configuration automation (Chef, Ansible, etc. )
- Functional knowledge of TCP/IP
- Version control systems (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
- Some experience with orchestration tools (Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with software development practices
- B.S in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Web Serving (haproxy/nginx/apache/etc.)
- A background in security
- Message queuing systems
- Service location systems (Zookeeper, Eureka)
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.