Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects and organizes content into a Knowledge Graph, then leverages a complementary set of products — including Listings, Pages, Reviews, and Search — to deliver relevant, actionable answers wherever customers, employees, and partners look for information. For over 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless content-driven experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
The Marketing team at Yext is looking for a Vice President, Communications to lead our corporate communications strategy and program! In this role, you will be responsible for developing and driving our communications strategy to build brand awareness and credibility through public relations, analyst relations, social media, customer advocacy, and other communications programs. You will proactively build and maintain relationships with media, influencers, analysts, and other key audiences globally, seek feedback, drive awareness, and influence favorable outcomes for Yext!
This role requires critical thinking, strong relationship-building skills, deep understanding of Yext products, and storytelling skill. Strong communication skills, executive presence and cross-functional collaboration skills is a requirement.
What You'll Do
- Manage a comprehensive communication strategy globally
- Get hands-on with the storytelling, guiding, and crafting key messaging and results
- Direct our public relations program and strategy, including our agency relationships and budget
- Handle and measure key communication channels
- Collaborate closely with the CMO, internal SMEs and stakeholders such as creative, product marketing, and events to generate compelling content that resonates with target external and internal audiences
- Collaborate with HR on employee communications and storytelling for the organization. Develop collaborative partnerships with the leadership team, HR team, and managers to help facilitate delivery of impactful internal communications.
- Play a key role in building, providing guidance, mentoring, and developing our dedicated marketing team
- Be an ambassador of the Yext brand and culture
- Develop and edit press releases, articles, success stories, technical articles and media pitches to further the visibility of the company.
- Coordinate media interviews and prepare media briefing documents, including key messages: establish relationships with key trade media.
- Provide support with placement of target applications and industry-related stories.
- Identify and handle awards submission for all business units and speaking opportunities.
- Develop a Speakers Bureau program and provide media training to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed.
- Create compelling and visually impactful presentations and written communications for launches, conferences, all hands and other business critical forums.
- Support executive communications including key messaging, presentations, and briefings.
- Develop and implement critical communications such as crisis communications, responses to news or market conditions, etc.
- Partner with the Investor Relations team to support investor communications, earnings releases, investor day events, and other programs.
- Manage Analyst Relations team and engage industry analysts and market influencers to ensure fair and accurate representation of Yext by the analyst and influencer community. Proactively build and maintain relationships with analysts globally, seek feedback, drive awareness, and influence favorable outcomes for Yext.
- Develop content and messaging for multimedia channels including speeches, social media campaigns, blogs entries, and talking points for the executive team
- Manage and maintain the Yext social media sites globally, including production and publication of an editorial calendar
- Lead efforts to obtain high-profile media placements and develop press releases within targeted media outlets
- Edit content and ghostwrite, when necessary, across a variety of touchpoints
- Develop media kits for multimedia channels for the purpose of brand awareness and key messaging of client or assigned topics
- Project manage interviews and articles featuring senior executives as leaders with vision
- Track metrics and evaluate the effectiveness of media touchpoints
- Collaborate with the Brand team to develop and refine core messages to ensure consistency in the organizational brand voice
- Collaborate with the Events and Demand Generation teams to ensure brand voice consistency across all public-facing channels (media, PR, social media, website)
- Ability to get hands-on and deliver key communications as an individual contributor, manage a variety of agencies and contractors, and supervise a small team of direct reports.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in messaging and positioning strategy
- Ability to think strategically and execute exceptionally
- Authentic passion for Yext and our solutions
- Superior writing skills, expert in Associated Press style with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials including, communications plans, media POVs, press materials, fact sheets, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations
- Demonstrated capability to be a proactive planner & media opportunity seeker
- Values accuracy, thoroughness, and high-quality outputs
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and work in a fast-paced, changing environment, maintaining a strong sense of urgency coupled with demonstrated success in management of multiple priorities
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and others
- Demonstrated experience with communications support for diversity, ESG, and sustainability initiatives
- Entrepreneurial attitude with an interest in building trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to additional, incremental new business opportunities
- Ability to travel as needed to support the business
The base salary at the time of hire for this position is expected to be between $198,000-$330,000 Pay ranges at Yext are established based on an analysis of salaries for positions with a similar level of accountability and impact in the relevant labor market. Salary levels are expected to change to reflect an employee’s job performance (results and impact) over time. Salaries at the time of hire are typically offered in the lower to middle of the above-referenced range in order to provide the opportunity to reflect performance-based increases over time. In addition to base salaries, employees at Yext are typically eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, and successful candidates may also be eligible for equity (stock) based compensation and/or variable pay programs based on performance relative to goals and targets.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.