Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects and organizes content into a Knowledge Graph, then leverages a complementary set of products — including Listings, Pages, Reviews, and Search — to deliver relevant, actionable answers wherever customers, employees, and partners look for information. For over 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless content-driven experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
The Systems Engineering team works closely with software engineering teams to develop, build, test, deploy, operate, and monitor the underlying infrastructure that power the Yext cloud platform. Our responsibilities range from building, operating and securing our public cloud infrastructure to designing and building out the Open Source platforms that power the Yext software stack.
What You'll Do
- Develop sophisticated systems that automate the build, test, and operation of our infrastructure so that we can focus our attention on the things that matter
- Work with talented software teams to optimize performance, and increase reliability of our applications, ensuring our infrastructure doesn’t skip a beat
- Build comprehensive self service functionality that lets our software engineers move faster
- Design and build our tools for monitoring and alerting to administer and comprehend increasing numbers of services
- Define a set of standards that services should meet and implement capability to measure and score us on these
- Diagnose and solve problems across the application and infrastructure stacks in a Linux environment
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- A few years experience in SaaS, software development or distributed systems
- A code-first mindset to developing and testing infrastructure
- Experience with automated build, test and deployment of infrastructure
- Strong interest in platform engineering, you take a customer and product centric approach to building internal platforms
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and working as part of a team
- Hands-on experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, or Packer
- Monitoring with Prometheus
- Proficient with Python, Go, Java, or similar
- Working knowledge of AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with the HashiStack (Nomad, Consul, Vault)
The base salary at the time of hire for this position is expected to be between $98,550-$164,500. Pay ranges at Yext are established based on an analysis of salaries for positions with a similar level of accountability and impact in the relevant labor market. Salary levels are expected to change to reflect an employee’s job performance (results and impact) over time. Salaries at the time of hire are typically offered in the lower to middle of the above-referenced range in order to provide the opportunity to reflect performance-based increases over time. In addition to base salaries, employees at Yext are typically eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, and successful candidates may also be eligible for equity (stock) based compensation and/or variable pay programs based on performance relative to goals and targets.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.