Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects and organizes content into a Knowledge Graph, then leverages a complementary set of products — including Listings, Pages, Reviews, and Search — to deliver relevant, actionable answers wherever customers, employees, and partners look for information. For over 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless content-driven experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
The Senior Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for enabling the efficient management of Yext subscription transactions as they progress through the stages of the end-to-end sales process. As a result, the velocity of the Yext subscription business will significantly improve and Sales will be able to focus more of their energy and effort on expanding current customers and landing new clients. This role is to act as a partner to the Yext Sales force to close deals between Yext and its customers by creating proposals, creating quotes within our CRM tool, producing high quality contract documentation in a timely manner, negotiating commercial terms with the customer, and obtaining necessary approvals from relevant stakeholders across the company.
What You'll Do
- Be passionately customer-focused, and enable an excellent customer experience
- Partner with & support Sales (Account Executives, Sales Director, VP) with closing new logo deals, renewals and upsell business in a timely manner.
- Ability to own a large number of active deals, identify problems, and suggest solutions
- Support sales in building proposals and presentations
- Provide timely quotes in line with terms of customer agreements
- Ensure data integrity of quotes and opportunities within Salesforce
- Generate and verify contracts, analyze and interpret contract terms to evaluate potential risks
- Respond to customer edits with redlines and comments, utilizing both pre-approved language as well as bespoke responses
- Engage various levels of management and internal stakeholders to seek approvals and input on non-standard terms
- Work closely with Finance and Legal teams to ensure all contracts reflect the customer and Yext’s needs.
- Negotiate basic commercial terms directly with customer’s procurement team, consistent with company policy and risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure contracts stay on track to be signed by approved signatories by following up directly with the customer
- Log all activity during negotiation cycle in Salesforce
- Respond to questions from customers and sales reps during the proposal and negotiation stages of a deal cycle.
- Provide guidance on renewal strategy to increase value based renewal pricing.
What You Have
- Ability to work in a team environment and a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, team player
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- High level of attention to detail, able to spot errors and inconsistencies
- Positive and “Can Do” Attitude
- Professional customer handling
- Proficient in Google Suite, and Salesforce
- Experience working with sales CRM platforms (e.g., Salesforce.com)
- Experience with contract lifecycle management tool is preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Word (redlining, formatting, layout), proficient in using other MS software and collaboration tools ( Excel and PPT), experience with X-Author is a plus
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience reviewing, editing, and negotiating customer contracts, preferably in relation to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
The base salary at the time of hire for this position is expected to be between $67,500 - $137,000. Pay ranges at Yext are established based on an analysis of salaries for positions with a similar level of accountability and impact in the relevant labor market. Salary levels are expected to change to reflect an employee’s job performance (results and impact) over time. Salaries at the time of hire are typically offered in the lower to middle of the above-referenced range in order to provide the opportunity to reflect performance-based increases over time. In addition to base salaries, employees at Yext are typically eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, and successful candidates may also be eligible for equity (stock) based compensation and/or variable pay programs based on performance relative to goals and targets.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.