Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Senior IT Developer (ETL), Hyderabad, India
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a talented Senior IT Developer (ETL) in Hyderabad, India.
The Senior ETL Developer/Architect is part of the Business Intelligence team that is responsible for analytics and integrations supported by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Finance, HR, Product and Engineering. The right candidate has empathy, curiosity and desire to improve and constantly learn; has technical experience in all the capabilities of the Matillion (or equivalent ETL) platform and a proven track record of driving best practices and processes, with hands-on experience in developing ETL projects, configuration, automation, & support. This individual will: a) Be a key member of the BI team within a dynamic SaaS company full of high caliber engineers; b) Design and build performant ETL projects working independently and in partnership with a global team of PMs, business analysts, and developers (onsite and offshore); c) Provide vision for enhancements, technical design, and participate in design reviews to ensure governance principles and best practices are followed;
What You'll Do
- Lead and execute the complete ETL development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, solution design, documentation, configuration, development, testing, and deployment; take ownership of escalated or complex issues and follow through to resolution.
- Create clear, structured and effective documentation that will enable developers within the team to maintain ETL.
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvement: identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies to help improve operational efficiencies.
- Suggest improvements inspired by ideas from the global Matillion community and the broader data engineering community.
- Follow Agile principles to projects. Conduct regular knowledge sharing sessions with developers to drive adoption of Matillion (or equivalent ETL) based integrations.
- Implement best practice and architecture recommendations to leadership.
- Perform change management functions associated with large scale high-impact configurations.
- Create, manage and enforce application configuration and SDLC standards.
- Hands-on role (100%) - working on critical ETL fixes, design, development and QA.
- Focus on backend systems (Matillion or equivalent ETL and AWS infrastructure and cloud data warehouse like Redshift or Snowflake).
- Provide BI administration and technical support during weekends, after-hours and holidays, when needed.
- Work on new BI projects, enhancements as well as production support.
What You'll Have
- 6-9 years ETL development experience with Data warehouse, Data engineering, or similar roles working with backend systems and large, disparate, and complex datasets. Must have 5+ years of experience with Matillion or tools like Informatica / Talend / Pentaho.
- Good understanding and experience in AWS Cloud infrastructure Platform and Redshift or Snowflake (Highly Preferable).
- All candidates, who may not have the above-listed years’ experience, but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply and will be considered
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Very good SQL and Python knowledge
- Clear understanding of data warehousing concepts such as Change Data Capture, Slowly Changing Dimensions and experience in practical implementation in ETL.
- Experience using version control, Agile Project Management and Ticketing applications - GIT, JIRA, Zendesk.
- Understanding and experience designing resilient ETL. Ability to anticipate issues and build exception handling processes.
- Experience in data engineering, dimensional database design, data lake, and data warehouse.
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments.
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements; working at-scale by standardizing components to ship visualizations rapidly.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Business Applications - Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ), Zuora, Callidus, Coupa, Workday, Kyriba.
- BTech/MCA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience or a similar college level education.
- Matillion ‘Building A Data Warehouse' or equivalent ETL certification.
- Experience with Tableau development, configuration and system administration or related reporting tools.
- Experience with CPQ, & quote to cash processes in a SaaS / recurring revenue company.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, onshore and offshore, internal and external resources.
Perks and Benefits
YEXT takes great pride in its diverse workforce and we go length and breadth to ensure we have a highly engaged and connected working environment. We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need a global team made up of the brightest innovators, visionary thought leaders, and enthusiastic collaborators who care about making a difference in the world while building an amazing culture in the process.
We follow an annual performance appraisal policy and include a great bonus model in our pay structure. We believe that people do their best when they feel their best — and in order to feel their best, they must be well informed, fuelled, and rested. To ensure our employees are at their best, we provide the following perks.
- Attractive Bonus and Stock options for eligible positions
- A whole suite of best in class leave bouquet: Paid Time Off , Maternity leave, Paternity leave, Sick leave, Casual Leaves, National Holidays etc.
- Medical insurance benefits of 5L covering parents (including COVID hospitalization)
- Relocation benefits
- World class office infrastructure with Gaming rooms, plush pantry and Break out areas.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.