Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for the implementation, execution and maintenance of technology solutions to mitigate risk, to protect the IT and Engineering environments by reducing the probability of, and to minimize the effects of, damage caused by malware, malicious activities and security events.
The individual will help protect the company by deploying, tuning, and managing security tools across the computing environment, as well as provide security incident response cycle support. They should have a passion and skills for identifying the latest cyber threats. The individual will:
What You’ll Do
- Lead and participate in major day-to-day operational aspects of the security engineering team including improvement of current security controls while constantly identifying areas of needed improvement
- Deep hands-on security experience with cloud providers, such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding of automated security testing approaches and tools
- Experience with proactive integration of security into the development process
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of out security tools and systems (focus on SIEM, IDS, EDR Tools)
- Work with our customers (Security Operations, Incident Response, and Product teams) to incorporate high quality security alerting into their operational workflows
- Improve overall security practitioner efficiency through process automation
- Foster and promote collaboration among all members of the IT, Infrastructure, and Risk Management Departments.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines tools (i.e. Jenkins, Teamcity, CircleCI etc..)
What You Have
- Responsible for advanced hunting for Cybersecurity threats/vulnerabilities and assisting with their remediation, maintaining/operating the portfolio of security tools, creating/maintaining run books and performing troubleshooting.
- Lead the technical evaluation of new security technologies that address both current and future needs based on emerging threats and industry trends.
- Work with internal and external audit teams as appropriate for independent security, SOX and SOC audits
- Collect data for metrics and generate reports; assist the Information Security Director in developing policies and procedures for logging, monitoring response and escalations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4+ years of cybersecurity experience
- Must have previous experience performing threat hunting and incident response duties using SIEM tools, cybersecurity management consoles, and ticketing systems
- Experience in deployment, development, and maintenance of SIEM
- Experience writing and using Ansible server administration scripts, and create simple Python, BASH, or Powershell scripts to automate cybersecurity functions
- Scripting experience to automate security operations, alerting, and compliance checks, CI/CD design, deployment, and management
- Experience with managing endpoint response and detection infrastructure and endpoints at the enterprise level, including performing upgrades to the back end application and deploying new agent versions to endpoints
- Understanding the investigative process and performing triage for cybersecurity incidents
- Experience maintaining industry leading security technologies or infrastructure systems in complex technical IT operations environment
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with ability to handle competing demands while meeting deadlines
- Experience in authentication protocols and frameworks to include OAuth, and AWS IAM
- Proactive and motivated; team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and cross-functional knowledge across multiple IT operational and security disciplines
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to lead and inspire change
- SANS, ISACA, ISC2 Security and cloud certifications (CISSP, eJPT, OSCP, CySA+, GCIA, Sec+, CEH, CCSP, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience using programming/scripting languages (Python, Powershell, BASH)
- At least 1 years of experience in a large enterprise SOC environment, preferably in a consultant type role
- Any advanced white, red, purple, or blue team experience involving directed missions, custom tool creation, operations evaluation, and thinking like the attacker
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.