Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
The Yext Creative Studio is a fun, strategic, hard-working, and growing team within the Marketing department of an exciting and innovative search technology company. We believe that creative teams do so much more than “make it look pretty” and we work hard to deliver wildly strategic and creative solutions that continue to elevate and showcase our brand to the world. We work tirelessly to improve the manner in which our content, websites, thought leadership, blogs, print materials, brand campaigns, social media, and videos introduce customers, prospects, partners, and talent to Yext’s platform, solutions, and culture.
We are currently looking for a hungry, talented, and creative Video Editor / Motion Designer to help us tell stories in fresh, engaging, and daring ways. We do not like to create boring, corporate videos here, so we’re looking for someone with the right combination of video and design chops to make our videos stand out from the crowd. Our ideal candidate understands the tech space and can easily turn a script into an engaging and impressive piece of video content and brings their own ideas and insights to all stages of the process. Our ideal candidate is curious and interested in learning, growing, and improving with every video they create. If you relish the opportunity to join that kind of team and the ideal candidate sounds like you, let’s talk. A portfolio link is required with all applications, and please be sure to verify that you meet all requirements before applying.
See more at https://vimeo.com/yextvideos and www.yextcreative.com.
What You'll Do
- Concepting & Producing
- Ability to effectively brainstorm video projects and strategize with various teams around the organization
- Work with the Creative Project Manager to disseminate information regarding creative, deadlines and status updates across various teams
- Communicate schedules and creative expectations to project stakeholders
- Conceptualize and pitch video ideas
- Scout locations
- Develop shot lists and storyboards
- Stay on top of industry trends, tools, and technologies
- Proficient in video editing (Premiere, Resolve, or Final Cut Pro)
- Drive all aspects of the video post-production process, from ingesting footage following a shoot to creating multiple edits for various outlets, to exporting for final delivery
- Develop and adapt work from written and verbal feedback
- Meet deadlines provided by stakeholders with impeccable standards for quality
- Motion Design
- Highly proficient in motion design (After Effects, Motion)
- Has a great eye for detail, visual design, and creating engaging content
- Ability to adhere to the brand guidelines while also pushing the boundaries of the Yext brand
- Effectively and efficiently create animations on (sometimes) quick deadlines
- Create long form and short-form animated content
- Develop motion graphics for lower thirds, titles, and end cards
- Proficient in audio engineering (Audition)
- Record high-quality audio using various mics (shotgun, lav, etc.)
- Improve the sound of low-quality (Zoom, phone, etc.)
- Experience with RED cameras (RED Scarlet-W 5k Dragon)
- On-set experience with an understanding of assembling camera rigging and dollies
- On-set experience with lighting equipment and techniques
- Ability to follow a script while on location in a high paced environment
- Experience advising on production crew and equipment needs for larger video shoots
What You Have
- 5-8 years of experience
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong sense of visual design and typography
- In-house experience, ideally with tech clients
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict
- deadlines with minimal direction at times
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of video codec
- Good grasp of proper camera settings (shutter speed, ISO, aperture) and video lighting
- Organized. We sometimes have to share files with vendors or outside agencies so organization is huge
- Must live within commuting distance to the NYC Chelsea office for filming and studio use
- Ability to work with the writers to advise on script cuts and edits to fit standard video lengths and for a better overall flow
- Experience with DSLR cameras (Canon 5D Mark iii)
- Ability to take headshots for executives on tight schedules
- Ability to efficiently direct talent (employees, board members, executives, actors)
- Have a full understanding of the script before shooting
- Be able to think on your feet and make changes at any moment during the shoot
- Open, honest, and constructive with feedback to talent while on set
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable filming executives
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.