Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
The Site Reliability team works closely with application teams to develop, build, test, deploy, operate, and monitor software with a focus on reliability and engineering productivity. Our responsibilities range from building and testing, reducing application deployment and management friction, monitoring and maintaining the fleet, to consulting with teams on their reliability and alerting strategy.
What You'll Do
- Maintain and upgrade our build system so that developers never have to wait long for compiles. Design and implement a remote execution and caching solution for engineers across two geographical sites.
- Evolve our Continuous Delivery pipeline so that the correct tests are run on commit, code inspections are automatically applied, and we quality metrics are collected.
- Design and build tools to administer and comprehend increasing numbers of microservices. Define a set of standards that services should meet and implement a service scorecard to judge service health at a glance.
- Build and maintain minimal and secure container images for applications to run in and provide docker support to developers.
- Build and maintain our development and production infrastructure to support the product's growth using Hashicorp Nomad. Help us achieve 100% Infrastructure as Code across a hybrid cloud/on-prem system running in a dozen sites around the world.
- Develop and maintain libraries in Java and Go for interacting with databases, message queues, and other infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain our tools and libraries for monitoring, alerting, and distributed tracing.
- Diagnose and solve problems across the application and infrastructure stacks in a Linux environment.
What You Have
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity
- Design and build automated build, test and deployment infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with application teams to influence their monitoring and alerting practices.
- Communicate succinctly and in a timely manner with the 100+ engineers supported and propelled by our team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong foundation in software design and development
- Fluency with Go, Java, Python, or similar (we primarily code in Java and Go)
- 3+ years of industry experience
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.