Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext makes software and tools to improve everyone’s experience on the internet by providing perfect answers everywhere. Our clients trust us to use NLP and Machine Learning to deliver correct information to end users everywhere. As a Senior Data Scientist you will shape algorithms to develop essential new capabilities and features for Yext’s products. We manage large amounts of structured master data on behalf of some of the world’s largest companies and collect transactional data through end-user-facing applications we host directly for these clients.
Yext clients cover a tremendous breadth of industries. We are seeking data scientists excited to discover opportunities in data across a wide variety of business domains. You will work collaboratively with cross-team partners in software engineering, product management, and strategy. This approach will allow you to participate fully in the product development lifecycle and make pragmatic decisions about the design, training, and deployment of machine learning models driving key product features.
What You’ll Do
- Solve data science problems end-to-end, starting from exploration and analysis to pragmatic implementations of high quality solutions
- Effectively communicate quantitative results in a timely manner (we use Notion for much of our documentation, and you will be responsible for producing exceptional written and visual documentation)
- Write high quality Python code (we use PyTorch, Tensorflow and Transformers in many places)
- Mentor junior team members, provide technical leadership and execution guidance
- Exercise excellent technical judgment and prioritization around complexity, completeness, details and risks
- Communicate data science and machine learning concepts to a variety of audiences (product managers, software engineers, executives, sales partners).
- Partner with product management and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle
What You Have
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, applied mathematics, economics, or operations research
- 5+ years of quantitative/research experience
- Autodidactic, Self directed – You are able to dive into a new unfamiliar problem domain and learn quickly in the face of adversity – You are comfortable with uncertainty and project evolution
- Highly developed communication skills (writing and figures)
- Experience leading cross-functional agile work streams and scaling data-driven initiatives
- Multi-tasking, project management, and leadership skills.
- Experience in Tensorflow or PyTorch, and state-of-the-art transformer/NLP models and techniques (e.g. FastText, BERT, et al.).
- NLP experience, especially with sentence embeddings.
- Very experienced in Snowflake, MySQL, and Presto.
- Excellent ability to solve "glue" problems (e.g. shell scripting, python environment setup, efficient programming practices)
- Experience with common quantitative analysis and ML packages (in Python or R) such as Pandas, Matplotlib, ggplot, scikit-learn and scipy.
- Experience with JVM languages (Java, Scala) a plus. GoLang or C++ also great!
- Experience with AWS, Linux and Mac environments
- Knowledge of statistics and good experimental practices (e.g. how to run a powerful A/B test and test for significance)
- Knowledge of techniques in unsupervised machine learning and information retrieval and mining (e.g. DBSCAN, k-Means, indexes)
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.