Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a top tier SEC Reporting Manager with a positive attitude to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. As part of the larger finance organization, this role will assist the leaders of the SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting function in providing the quarterly and annual financial reporting for the company. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated leader and team player who excels at meeting deadlines, effective project management, and a strong focus on quality. Also required is a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, external reporting processes and internal controls in a public company environment. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their SEC reporting, technical accounting, and project management skills in a public company environment.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the management and coordination of the quarterly and annual financial reporting process and contribute to the preparation of SEC filings, including the drafting and ownership of certain notes and MD&A disclosures
- Oversee XBRL tagging of financial statements
- Own supporting workpaper documentation in an organized manner
- Project manage requests, receipt and analytical review of deliverables across multiple internal and external team
- Participate in researching and drafting technical position memos related to complex accounting topics for new, unusual or non-standard transactions
- Participate in updating and maintaining internal policy documentation for the company
- Participate in process improvement projects enhancing accounting processes, systems and related internal controls
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc technical accounting requests, and other tasks and value-add projects as assigned
- Work effectively with internal and external teams including revenue and general accounting, FP&A, legal, investor relations, internal and external audit
- Perform and document work in a SOX compliant manner
- Understand the underlying business and processes of the organization
- Stay current with emerging and newly released SEC regulations and thought leadership
What You Have
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or similar college level education
- 4+ years of accounting experience with Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm and/or SEC registrant
- Strong working knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute and own to resolution
- Commitment to process improvements and the ability to think outside the box
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, adept at building relationships across the organization
- High degree of dedication and ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk and Adobe PDF Writer preferred
- CPA designation (or in process)
- Experience with SEC reporting through public accounting and/or SEC registrant
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.