Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for an Accounting Manager position to join its growing and dynamic accounting team within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for the monthly close process, technical accounting research, reporting, team development and process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen the overall control environment. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting, this role will work closely with other members of the Finance, FP&A, HR, Legal & Operations teams. The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, accounting systems and data analysis expertise. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company and to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Yext. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close and work in a team to help grow and scale the company!
What You'll Do
- Manage day to day activities related to the close process, process improvements, automation and analysis of business results to support the company’s scale and growth
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, variance analysis and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts related primarily to equity, stock compensation and leases
- Assist in researching, documenting and implementing new accounting policies/procedures as well as acting as a technical resource to a variety of stakeholders
- Assist in the creation and ongoing maintenance of an accounting policy library
- Review accounting transactions to ensure transactions and financial statements are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Summarize complex transactions and present findings/implications to senior leadership
- Participate and initiate process improvement projects to increase efficiency and reduce cycle times
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Manage external auditors for annual audit and quarterly review requirements
- Participate in strategic company projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Assist in executing and communicating and continually supporting team vision and strategy
- Assist in building out team through coaching, mentoring and developing other team members.
What You Have
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of accounting experience (preferably with Big 4 background or Big 4/private mix)
- Experience with share-based payments and other technical accounting areas preferred
- CPA is preferred
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written) with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to work with different business units, develop an understanding of business processes and understand/discuss implications on the financial statements
- Interest in building and refining processes and contributing to a scaling business operation
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to managers, peers and customers
- Detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and be flexible as priorities shift
- High degree of dedication to continuous improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Shareworks (Equity system), NetSuite, Coupa, Workday and Blackline or equivalent systems is a plus
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.