Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
We are looking for a Database Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. Databases are a core technology underlying the Yext platform. We’re seeking a highly motivated database administrator/engineer for a key role in expanding our database environment to suit the company’s rapid growth.
What You'll Do
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Perform database installation/upgrades in dev environment
- Develop and improve backup and recovery automation, ensuring database availability
- Develop and maintain database maintenance plans
- Proactively monitor and respond to database alerts
- Assist in refining a physical design to meet system storage and performance requirements
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Create and maintain database documentation as required
What You Have
- A relentless passion for learning and technology
- 3+ years experience as a database administrator in MySql
- 3+ years experience in SQL programming
- Experience of administering MySql databases
- Experience installing and setting up databases
- Experience with database Monitoring and Diagnostic
- Understanding of database security, authentication and permissions
- Knowledge of database systems architecture, schemas and buffers / cache
- Experience creating database objects, indexes, stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Knowledge of database normalization and constraints
- Knowledge of database replication, backup and restore
- Some experience writing software that utilizes databases
- Linux administration including scripting (bash/python)
- Experience with source control tools git/gerrit
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or similar college level education
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Some experience working with CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Some knowledge of programming languages like (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.