Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
The Consulting Group works with Yext’s largest clients to deliver highly customized and integrated products! Our team includes Project Management, Creative, and Software Engineering resources that work together to deliver end-to-end solutions. We take pride in our ability to tackle a wide breadth and depth of challenges and keep pace with the ever-changing needs of our clients. We are looking for Consulting Software Engineers to help us build custom web and backend solutions for our enterprise clients. Our team features a Scrum development process with one-week sprints, peer code reviews and individual ownership of projects from kickoff to delivery. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
What You'll Do
- Advise engineering & business stakeholders on best practices, compatibility issues and tradeoffs
- Augment development tooling to improve software quality, iteration speed, and maintainability using modern technologies like Grunt, Webpack, SASS, and more
- Bridge the gap between engineering and product, working equally well with Designers and Project Management
- Write clean, tested, and well-structured code
What You Have
- BS or above in Computer Science, a related field, or similar college level education
- Ability to easily move between backend and frontend technologies
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
- Familiarity with node.js, Go and Java
- Contribution to open source projects
- 1-3 years of relevant software engineering experience
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.