Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
We are looking for an experienced Staff Database Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. Relational Databases are a core technology underlying the Yext platform. We’re seeking a highly motivated database administrator/engineer for a key role in expanding our database environment to suit the company’s rapid growth.
What You'll Do
- Manage a small team of Database Reliability Engineers
- Provide high-level guidance on database architecture and operations
- Design, implement and operate our database infrastructure
- Provide architectural and operational guidance to Systems Engineers
- Advise Software Engineers on best practices and optimizations
- Utilize and/or develop automation tools
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Develop policies for full system life cycles across all stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What You Have
- 7+ years of experience
- Extensive relational database experience, preferably MySQL
- Proven experience influencing technical decisions
- Experience with complex replication topologies
- Some experience writing software that utilizes databases
- Understanding of data sharding in distributed systems - ideally in Vitess
- Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Linux administration including scripting (bash/python)
- Basic networking skills, including DNS, firewalls and load balancing
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking
- Some experience with other data-layer technologies, such as Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
- Strong understanding of software development practices
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or similar college level education
- Production experience with Vitess
- Hashicorp Nomad
- A background in security
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Service location systems
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.