Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a Regional Vice President who can help us continue to deliver best in class performance and availability to our Fortune 50-500 clients across the region! The role will be responsible for managing team of regional sales reps generating revenue by closing sales directly with clients, via face-to-face contact. This is a hands-on combo coach/player management role.
What You’ll Do
- Build, oversee and help drive a team of regional field sales representatives that maximise sales revenues, attain corporate objectives and exceed sales goals
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue streams accurately
- Identify, develop, and implement effective sales plans and strategies
- Develop specific revenue plans for sales teams as needed to ensure growth in all products/services targeted by the organisation.
- Provide coaching, advice, support, motivation or information to help individuals meet and ideally exceed their defined sales objectives
- Train and coach sales representatives to structure deals that exceed revenue expectations
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolve team conflicts as necessary
- Perform sales activities for an assigned geographic area to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives
- Develop and test new sales strategies and tactics, replicating those that are most successful
- Keep abreast of and disseminate new product and industry knowledge to the team
- Maintain open communications and collaborate with cross-functional partners, including Client Services, Product Management, Consulting and Marketing to ensure timely and appropriate client solutions
- Work closely with Product Marketing on go-to market strategies and see them through to successful completion
- Participate in sales team meetings, sales management meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
What You Have
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- Experience exceeding quota in an individual contributor enterprise sale
- Demonstrated success leading and managing an enterprise sales team and exceeding team quotas
- Experience selling SaaS technologies
- Strong sales, recruiting, leadership, organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Results oriented with multiple years of meeting or exceeding quota
- Experience in bringing innovative / market defining products to market
- Good interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organisation (internal and external)
- Exceptional Project Management skills
- Ability to develop and critically analyse a sales pipeline and forecast
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and flexible individual
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM
- Local, Display and/or Search market experience
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.