Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is looking for an SVP, Strategic Alliances who will be responsible for overall partner strategy development and executing the Systems Integrator GTM plan for Yext that will create strategic market position, drive market share and incremental revenue. This will require creating and innovating joint solutions and Go-to-Market models that will drive incremental value. It will require creating and leading cross functional teams across development, sales, marketing, and technical integration to execute the plan.
In this role, the SVP will build long term, strategic relationships with various global and regional consulting/SI/advisory/implementation firms that will assist and support the sales and delivery of Yext’s products and services, and leverage our position in the marketplace.
Critical to this role is the ability to align and collaborate with professional services and sales leadership, specifically their strategy and capacity needs to ensure the development of a services ecosystem that will support growth through sustained recurring software revenue associated with Alliance Partner’s services bookings.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage the portfolio of new Global and Regional Services Partnerships
- Responsible for Services Partners account development, enablement, joint pipeline development and management and overall joint go-to-market strategy
- Work closely with Direct Sales teams to leverage these partnerships for account access and penetration
- Work with the Partner Organization, Sales, Marketing and the Product Organization to define a joint value proposition and joint solutions for increasing business
- Oversee the onboarding of new Services Partners and the continuous education of the partners, ensuring maximum adoption of products and high quality services delivered
- Facilitate the development of strategic marketing and new business plans for all assigned partners to meet or exceed assigned business goals
- Works with Partners to identify opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities and target account selling strategies
- Actively track joint sales pipeline and meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Develop and maintain relationships with global counterparts to leverage corporate initiatives and to ensure adherence to Alliances and Channel standards
- Monitor partners business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners
- Establish rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Participate in sales team meetings, sales management meetings and quarterly business reviews (QBR’s)
What You Have
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years of experience working in the enterprise software market
- 5+ years successful hands-on experience partnering and working with Global and Regional Consulting/SI/Advisory firms. Experienced in a methodology for building a vendor practice and navigating these complex organizations.
- A leader with a proven track record in building and leading large, complex, matrixed sales organizations recognized for both their culture and results
- Must be able to interact with and persuade senior executives and build & sustain meaningful account relationships that span business and technical domains
- Well versed in strategic account selling, relationship selling, and solution selling
- Strategic sales experience and revenue achievement selling multiple S/W offerings, while building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers - Customer success orientation
- Proven track record for securing, sustaining and growing external partnerships across numerous business entities through negotiations, management and value creation
- Consultative sales skills and ability to construct and articulate strong business case and ROI, strategic account planning and execution skills
- C-level engagement and negotiation, account strategy, domain expertise, executive selling, large deal management and team leadership
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Experience working with services partners globally to drive joint field engagement, and build joint solutions with measurable results
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to prioritize, work cross-functionally, and delegate tasks when appropriate
- Ability to create strategy, build a plan, engage proper team and support, and execute to results
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and proven ability to influence externally and internally
- Ability to proactively collaborate with remote and virtual teams in distributed, international environments – both internal and external
- Demonstrated bias for action and sense of urgency; ability to move projects forward and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel and be present in NYC HQ office when needed
- Experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SaaS, SEO/SEM, Local, Display and/or Search market experience
- Experience in the Business Intelligence/Analytics market
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.