Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is in the process of building out a world-class Support organization and is looking for energetic self-starters to help our largest clients take their search experience to the next level. The Client Support Team is a group of technically savvy, social people who enjoy helping customers and solving complex problems. Core responsibilities include assisting our Clients on the Yext platform, troubleshooting escalated technical issues in real-time, and providing best practices.
As a Client Support Specialist, you will be working with a diverse set of enterprise clients who have made an investment in Yext to manage their search experience across a network of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines. Your role is to support those client’s post-sale technical relationship, by becoming a technical expert in Yext products, internal processes, and the needs of our customers. Yext provides a very dynamic environment with a lot of opportunities for you to expand your skill set and grow.
The ideal candidate is proactive, positive, curious and flexible, a person open to new ideas and ways of working.
What You’ll Do
- Provide post-implementation technical and consultative support, that is prompt, friendly and accurate, to our SMB, Partner, and Enterprise clients via email, phone, and chat
- Develop ticket management strategies and ensure adherence to the SLA
- Provide platform configuration and data management services to our clients and partners
- Troubleshoot reported product and publisher issues to diagnose and provide accurate, valid and complete information to our customers, escalating bugs to internal Yext teams
- Identify and surface trending customer/product issues, drive UI/UX improvements and new functionality by surfacing client feedback to Product with a focus on potential solutions
- Help increase efficiency by creating Macros for repeat requests and contributing to new articles on the Help Center.
- Specialize in a product or a feature and become a Subject Matter Expert by attending training sessions and documenting new features and behaviors
- Work cross-functionally with Client Success Managers, Platform Services, and technical teams at Yext to deliver exceptional service, and ensure we are exceeding client expectations - every time!
- Ideate, build and scale new ways of thinking about the value we are bringing to clients as well as our internal operational efficiency.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to more junior members of the PS&S team, including interns
- Maintain a focus on excellence by meeting or exceeding quarterly targets including Quality Assurance (QA), Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), productivity (solves/AHT)
- Be a client-facing representative of Yext and ensure professionalism, actively listening and understanding the needs of our clients, and ensuring a solution-oriented mindset
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education
- 1+ years of professional work experience, ideally in a customer support/contact center environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel, SQL a plus
- Knowledge of ZenDesk
- Strong problem-solving orientation
- Proficient in data analysis and manipulation
- Detail-oriented, organized, process-driven
- The ability to think creatively about, analyze, and understand complicated and abstract ideas, working with a solutions-orientated mindset to solve issues
- A knack for synthesizing technical concepts into digestible bits of information and effectively convey this information to others
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong ability to communicate complex issues internally, across departments and to our Enterprise clients
- Customer-facing experience preferred (retail, hospitality, online support, etc.)
- Evidence of leadership, outstanding track record, and/or peer recognition that separate you from others.
- Ability to work quickly, independently and accurately in a high-volume environment, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to a broad range of requesters, plus innate follow-up skills
- Strong computer skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and learn to new programs, products and procedures
- Ability to work 40 hours/week and overtime as needed. Ability to work non-standard work week (ie Sun - Thur or Tues - Sat) and/or non-standard hours (ie 12PM - 9PM ET)
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.