Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Revenue Accountant position to join our Revenue Accounting Team. The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes and have significant involvement in supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of ASC 606, U.S. GAAP, internal controls and can exceed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company and have exposure across divisions and with leaders at Yext.
What You'll Do
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Review revenue contracts and transactions to ensure compliance with the company’s revenue recognition policies under ASC606
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare schedules and reports for management and external service providers
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Mentor and teach the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
What You Have
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- CPA or working towards completing a CPA
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora, RevPro and Blackline or equivalent system is a plus
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.