Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a talented Senior IT Web Developer in Hyderabad, India. The Senior IT Web Developer is part of the Business Intelligence and Integrations team that is responsible for analytics and integrations supported by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Product and Engineering. We value individuals who are fast learners, self-motivated to build elegant solutions, and design excellent user experiences.
What You'll Do
- Design an intranet portal for excellent employee user experience and productivity. Develop the website using the Yext Pages, Answers, Search product.
- Support Web App built for employee IT Applications provisioning process.
- Support Reporting portal that serves as front-end to serve and access analytics reports served by Tableau, Salesforce.com, Netsuite etc. The technology stack is Java (Spring Boot), Angular/React.js + Tomcat/Cloudcat + Redshift / MySQL / Oracle / Mongo + Linux on AWS / GCP.
- Take static design comps and develop solutions to elevate work into engaging digital experiences.
- Collaborate with the team to build backend code and integrations as needed.
- Develop user interfaces that are standards-compliant, cross-browser compatible, and performance optimized.
- Create and maintain a repository of common and reusable code.
- Develop and maintain documentation for code.
- Follow best practices for QA to reduce bug fix iterations and are easy to support after Production deployment.
- Collaborate with the team to architect and setup CI/CD processes for the websites
- Prioritize workload to meet deadlines for assignments in the code release schedule.
What You Have
- 7+ years of web development experience, 2+ years experience building solutions on AWS cloud.
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; along with strong ability to communicate complex
- Detail-oriented, organized, process-driven
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Determination and perseverance when faced with challenges
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Takes pride in providing a high level of service and delivering
- Skilled with OOP programming using Java or C# or React, SQL, relational database design
- Comfortable navigating inside a UNIX/Linux environment
- Ability to write REST APIs and consume with AJAX calls
- Proficiency with JIRA and Agile SDLC practices. Version control systems such as Github, Automated testing using tools such as Selenium
- Knowledge of computer science concepts and technical terminology
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to setup and maintain CI/CD pipelines using Tecmcity
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs into functional elements.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, onshore and offshore, internal and external resources.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.