Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is looking for a talented and dynamic Manager, Sales Development to join our expanding sales team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage and direct a team that has an impact on the growth of our business through top of the funnel activities that contribute to the lifeblood of our organization’s revenue.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help design, build, and scale a world-class Business Development Team for one of the world’s fastest growing and most disruptive companies. You will need to leverage your experience, skills, and creativity to help us continue our incredible growth. You will build and measure the success of a high-energy team of BDRs (Outbound) in collaboration with management, marketing and marketing team members to plan and execute our goals, strategy and tactics to grow the Yext brand.
A Day in the Life
- Recruit and interview top candidates to join the BDR organization
- On-call coaching with BDR’s to better their prospecting, outreach, and discovery efforts
- Collaborate with Account Executive Leadership to optimize cross functional efforts
- Work closely with marketing to capitalize on “warm engagement” from demand generation and field marketing initiatives
- Progress BDRs through their sales career by helping them acquire skills necessary for their next play
- Lead group trainings and team meetings with new hires and current team
- Hold BDR team accountable to achieve and exceed their monthly targets
What You’ll Do
- Motivate BDRs to exceed goals through coaching, incentives and development programs
- Maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to help the BDRs focus on maximizing performance
- Collaborate with marketing and Revenue leadership on best practices and initiatives to source new pipeline in greenfield accounts
- Nurture professional development of BDRs
- Identify, design, and implement new processes designed to optimize business performance at a high-growth company.
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Ideal candidate will have a high desire to build a career in Sales Leadership
- 3+ years in the BDR / SDR function or relevant work experience
- Demonstration of leadership in a prior role
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level communications with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to organize work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.