Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a talented and eager Senior Manager of Global Equity Plans to join its growing Human Resources Team in New York. This role will be integral in facilitating the company’s compensation function, with a strong emphasis on Yext’s global equity incentive programs. Yext utilizes Morgan Stanley Shareworks platform for equity plan administration and financial reporting. Much of this role will be focused on owning the Morgan Stanley relationship and coordinating with all respective areas internally such as Payroll, Tax, Accounting, Audit, HR, Legal, etc. You are the subject-matter expert as our in-house guru and will offer your professional opinion and be sure all relative teams are considering equity implications in all ongoing projects.
Yext uses Workday as our HRIS, ADP as our US payroll, and Safeguard as our international payroll. We offer eligible employees Restricted Stock Units (RSU) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). We also have outstanding Incentive Stock Options (ISO) and Non-qualified Stock Options (NQSO) that were last issued in 2017. Very strong knowledge of all things related to these equity vehicles is required.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Equity and ESPP administration team; oversee the equity management platform, Morgan Stanley Shareworks, to ensure the accuracy and integrity of Yext’s equity data
- Own Board of Director Compensation Policy, responsible for tracking compensation elections (RSU, RSU with deferral, RSA, RSA with 83(b) filed) as well as initiate quarterly cash payments
- Work closely with VP of Compensation and Chief People Officer to monitor share reserve, rollforward, share budget, overhang, burn rate, etc.
- Prepare material for Compensation Committee meetings including new grants up for approval as well as ad hoc analysis requests
- Co-own the stock transfer agent relationship and track share movement and shareholders at risk for escheatment
- Research equity/ESPP implications in new global territories, including but not limited to securities filings, tax withholding/reporting, exchange controls, data privacy, etc. Offer input/direction on market practices and plan design in an effort to scale efficiently.
- Facilitate annual tax forms including 1099-NEC, 6039 Reporting including 3921 and 3922 employee statements
- Frequently provide reports to Payroll team from Shareworks for ESPP and option exercises, RSUs as needed; ISO/ESPP disposition reporting from Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley
- Prepare custom grant agreements and load new grant data to equity plan tool, Morgan Stanley Shareworks. Pull grant data including all vestings and load to Workday with Sr. HRIS Analyst.
- Partner with HR and Legal to ensure on-going program and award compliance on a global basis; prepare material and offer education sessions to employees to help them understand the value of Yext’s equity incentive programs
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our external brokerage firm, Morgan Stanley, to execute employee equity transactions (including 10b5-1 transactions), ensuring accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to the respective Payrolls, all the way through to timely settlement of all trades
- Work closely with Mobility and Immigration Manager to track, tax, and report mobile employees, including C-Suite
- Initiate and maintain non-employee Advisor contracts and corresponding compensation for Industry Advisory Board
- Partner with our external brokerage firm to process vesting and release of restricted stock units, and coordinate with US and International Payroll on accurate tax withholding
- Facilitate ESPP enrollments and purchases, as well as providing reports with Payroll
- Assist Legal and Compensation teams in the preparation and filing of Section 16 reports, Proxy reports, CD&A data, etc.
- Perform frequent reconciliation of records between HR, Payroll, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Work with internal and external auditors and Finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, as well as ensure that tight internal controls are in place and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Create and generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., HR, Payroll, Tax, Finance, Accounting, etc.), and respond timely to ad hoc data requests from various business partners
- Partner with HR Business Partners to provide compensation support and council for client issues
- Collaborate with HR team to ensure the integrity of employee and job data within the HRIS
- Manage projects that may be outside of the normal annual programs; responsible for establishing a project plan, coordinating and managing resources, monitoring project budget, etc. Examples include migrating one equity plan vendors, payroll vendors, HRIS vendors, etc.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Finance or Human Resources
- 12+ years’ experience with options, RSUs and ESPPs in a global public company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred; familiarity with Morgan Stanley Shareworks, Workday, ADP, & Safeguard a plus
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations related to equity compensation plans
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, process-driven, independent, self-motivated, solution-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform self-audit to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Advanced Excel, G-Suite, and reconciliation skills a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to manage up and work with multiple stakeholders across the company
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.