The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a motivated, creative, self-sufficient, and high energy Senior Deal Desk Analyst to join our Deal Desk team (as part of the Finance organization) to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. In this role you will be responsible for serving as a trusted advisor to Sales in crafting and structuring deals. You will work with internal stakeholders across sales, legal, product, and revenue accounting in supporting deal making and sales activities. This role will also assist with the implementation of a contract acceptance process, working closely with the sales and legal teams to ensure negotiated agreements align with internal policies and best practices. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support & guidance to Sales on best practice deal management & structuring
- Ability to to bring a solutions oriented approach to deal making while understanding how deal structures impact the business overall
- Drive deals through the sales cycle & internal approval process in collaboration with the appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Serve as point of contact & subject matter expert on deal policies including contract terms, fallbacks, product configurations, and commercial terms.
- Ability to join customer facing meetings to present pricing and/or negotiate commercial terms
- Analyze deal statistics and provide insights to Deal Desk leadership, Sales, and Executive teams
- Perform the final review of a sales contract before it is accepted by the finance team and entered into our systems
- Act as the final approver for all revenue contracts before they are accepted by the Company
What You Have
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, or similar college level education
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- All candidates, who may not have the above-listed years’ experience, but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply and will be considered
- Basic understanding of SaaS business model and relevant revenue accounting principles
- Basic financial modelling skills
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Excellent written and formal presentation skills
- Highly Proficient in the Microsoft Office/Google Suite, including MS Excel/Google Sheets, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience in Big 4 Accounting, FP&A, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting
- Exposure to Zuora, Salesforce, Tableau
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.