The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
The VP, Investor Relations role will collaborate with the SVP, International Finance & IRO, and the Chiefs of Staff of both the Offices of the CEO and Office of the CFO in developing and executing a best in class Investor Relations strategy, operating plans, budget, and tactical elements of the global IR program. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate and update investors and security analysts about the company, including communicating Yext’s strategic direction and financial results to investors and the analysts in accordance with the provisions of SEC Regulations FD (Fair Disclosure) and through press releases, conference calls, analyst conferences, bus tours and roadshow events. Collaborates with a broad spectrum of internal organizations (CEO, CFO, treasury, finance, legal, public relations, marketing, sales operational areas, customer success and others) to ensure strategic communications on activities supporting Yext’s operational goals and objectives.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for heading Yext's Investor Relations program, reporting to SVP Finance and CFO, partnering with the CEO, CSO, CRO, GC, CAO and the Director of Finance Operations.
- Serve as a key company spokesperson to the financial community by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with analysts and investors.
- Plan and manage quarterly earnings releases and conference calls.
- Develop key themes and issues to be presented and work closely with executive staff to communicate strategies.
- Direct earnings press release development, earnings call scripts, slides and Q&A materials
- Develop and execute on a long-term investor targeting plan to maintain current investors and develop prospective investors
- Maintain a comprehensive targeting dashboard to track current and prospective investor interest, activity, engagement, and conversion
- Provide final feedback and approval for all external press releases and key business and product announcements
- Broaden awareness and interest in Yext through financial conferences, non-deal roadshows, analyst days and company visits/meetings
- Lead in the strategy, planning and management for all investor relations events including analyst meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Develop strategies for content, frequency and appropriate involvement of executive staff in these events.
- Brief and/or coach management to ensure appropriate preparation/messaging for all investor meetings
- Work closely with key members of senior management (and corporate communications as appropriate) on public responses to time-sensitive issues impacting the company’s financial performance
- Develop and continually improve investor relations plan, creating strategies, communication messages, tactics, timelines and budget
- Direct and execute the collection, analysis, and presentation of feedback to the company of investors’ perceptions and opinions, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis
- Competitive analysis tracks and summarize market intelligence and competitive information, including summarizing earnings calls, research notes and events related to Yext’s competitors.
- Prepare Quarterly Board of Director updates for the CFO
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, external partners, and key shareholders to develop a proxy solicitation plan and manage the annual proxy solicitation process
- Manages day-to-day operations of Investor Relations team; Member of the company’s disclosure committee
What You Have
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of investor relations and finance experience
- Established reputation with buy and sell-side analysts and institutional investors
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with the ability to convey company strategy and messaging, externally and internally
- Solid understanding of financial statements, strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and work proactively with other functions to understand the company's story and vision
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to motivate and lead a highly functioning team
- Must be extremely well organized and able to handle changing priority
- Comprehensive knowledge of the current regulatory environment; FD and SEC regulations
- Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.