The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
The Systems Administrator role within Platform Services & Support is both business and technology focused, and requires a strong technical understanding of the Support organization and its systems (Zendesk, Tableau, Teleopti WFM, etc.). The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver, highly organized, and an expert communicator. Yext is looking for a subject matter expert who possesses a wealth of knowledge in implementing and maintaining contact center SaaS systems. This individual will work with internal and cross functional teams to proactively remove roadblocks and improve team communication, alignment, and collaboration through their strong relationship building and expert project management skills.
You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and strategic direction of our contact center systems -- with a focus on ZenDesk administration. You will need to juggle a diverse workload that includes troubleshooting the Zendesk application and optimizing how it is used to identify which product enhancements Yext should implement. The role demands great technical depth, innate curiosity, a data driven mindset, a stubborn refusal to settle, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate is motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, and loves making something from nothing.
What You’ll Do
- Gather and prioritize change requirements for all Support systems
- Manage the internal testing and rollout of changes across all teams
- Maintain Yext-specific configurations such as new apps, fields, and workflows
- Use analytics to improve ticket deflection and agent productivity
- Maintain expert-level understanding of all Zendesk enhancements and releases
- On self-service portals, review searches and article views to make suggestions on new and improved content
- Review use of and quality of macros
- Perform hands-on implementation of day-to-day changes:
- Customizing fields for help desk activities and reporting
- Structuring knowledge base content
- Managing the localization of system-wide field options, macros, etc.
- New reporting requirements
- Review and tune workflows in Zendesk
- Periodically reviewing triggers, automations, views, and macros to ensure outdated items are deactivated or updated
- Ensuring that workflow allows for capturing of relevant analytics that can be used for driving process improvement and measuring help desk and agent performance
- Being the interface to Zendesk on:
- Feature requests / problem statements
- Issue escalation
- Ability to translate business requirements into KPIs
- Ability to comprehend a complex data model and develop custom reports for Executive consumption
- Certification in Tableau a plus
- API Experience
- Ability to utilize API endpoints to develop integrations and business applications
- Focus on developing elegant solutions to complex problems with the ability to present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way to others
What You Have
- BA/BS or a similar college level education
- 3+ years of experience in a customer support operations-focused role, ideally, managing contact center vendors in a B2B environment
- 2+ years of experience as a Zendesk Administrator
- Knowledge of customer support processes in a multi-national, multi-lingual support environment
- Experience creating business requirements, detailed project plans, presentations in support of project and program initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Developer tools including Zendesk SDK and APIs
- Proven ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to solve practical business problems
- Proven project management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of Teleopti or other Workforce Management software a plus
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.