The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a Senior Platform UI/UX Designer to join our Platform group. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with designers, product managers, and front-end engineers to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful and usable user experiences for users of our software tools and community. You will fully own the UI/UX of our hitchhikers.yext.com site, our developer experience and documentation, and our platform-first marketing. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building the best experiences for technical audiences and wants to be part of a fast-paced, exciting team at Yext.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design and/or engineering contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
What You’ll Do
- Focus on designing the best possible developer experience for Yext users, optimizing for fast time-to-value and user education
- Synthesize high-level business requirements into usable and elegant design solutions
- Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product leads in concept development and design iteration
- Stay up-to-date with and display knowledge of the latest in web technologies to optimize efficiencies and improve user experiences
- Translate ideas and concepts into sophisticated and interactive prototypes to explore and test new features and products, when applicable
- Develop custom tools and automations to help expedite design and business objectives when relevant
- Contribute to user experience best practices and act as an experience evangelist to the company
What You Have
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or related technical field
- 5-8+ years of professional experience in web-based interaction design / development (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Experience working with APIs, CLIs and SDKs
- Knowledge of UX research and evaluation techniques
- Passion for design and the intersection of design and technology
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly and understand complex topics.
- An innate curiosity, willingness to ask questions, and passion for learning and helping others learn
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.