Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
We are looking for a passionate and detail-oriented Technical Writer to join our Product Documentation team in our fast-growing Platform group. You will be responsible for orchestrating and maintaining all of our reference documentation, including our APIs, CLIs and SDKs, on hitchhikers.yext.com. You will work closely with product, engineering, and our developer evangelists to provide two-way feedback on the product or documentation and to make sure developers on Yext have the content they need to get started and successfully build awesome search experiences. You love building new things and creating organized, concise and fun content.
IMPORTANT: Candidates should submit a writing sample with their application.
What You’ll Do
- Produce high-quality technical content that is accurate, clear, concise, and helpful
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering to understand our products and corresponding needs for documentation.
- Project manage the identification, authoring, editing, and publishing of reference content
- Develop and maintain a style guide to ensure consistency across our documentation channels and different writing team members.
- Continually analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and accuracy of content.
- Reach out to customers and developers to hear direct feedback, understand their needs, and identify areas of improvement.
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs for our documentation and developer site.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices and propose adjustments to content strategy as needed.
- Monitor requests and feedback from Stakeholders and drive execution plan for each request.
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Engineering, Product, Developer Evangelists and Developer Support to ensure content completeness, and effectiveness for all users.
- Represent the voice of the developer site audience by synthesizing key client feedback and data.
- Create and maintain code samples and libraries, where relevant
What You Have
- 5+ years experience as a technical writer, developing end-user documentation, or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- Experience working with APIs, CLIs and SDKs
- Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and understand complex topics.
- An innate curiosity, willingness to ask questions, and passion for learning and helping others learn.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.