The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is in the process of building out a world-class, global Support organization and is looking for an experienced customer service leader to help scale our organization in North America. The Director, Client Support reports to the VP, Platform Services & Support and is responsible for the development and ongoing management of our North America Support team largely based in New York, NY.
The Director, Client Support is responsible for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by managing top quality and productivity guidelines that will be met by the team. The ideal candidate has experience successfully building out a scalable, tiered support model across multiple channels (e.g., email, chat, phone, and community), all while creating a vibrant, dynamic, customer-focused culture.
This individual’s primary responsibilities include leading the Support team responsible for ensuring a best-in-class customer experience, developing and coaching front-line Management staff, advising on best practices, and shaping the strategy of the team as we scale to support the business. The Director, Client Support is responsible for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by managing quality and productivity guidelines that will be met by their team.
As the leader of Client Support in North America, this individual will lead a highly skilled team and instill diligence, accuracy, and a sense of urgency when meeting the operational needs of our clients and the business at large. This individual will also work cross-functionality with other Yext departments around the world, acting as the voice of Support in North America, and work to align support efforts with the company goals and initiatives - proactively identifying challenges and providing cross-functional solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of Support representatives and front-line Managers providing multi-tier Support for the Yext client and Partner base
- Identify areas for strategic improvement in regards to systems, processes, policies, and procedures
- Establish relationships with BPO providers and determine whether/how to use these providers alongside Yext direct employees
- Coach, support and develop talent within the team; manage team members’ growth and career trajectory and scale the team by sharing opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency while also identifying the key barriers for success
- Develop and manage ticket queues and escalation paths - ensure SLAs are adhered to
- Work with Client Success Leadership to troubleshoot escalated issues in real-time
- Serve as a key stakeholder, working with cross-functional teams to build out relevant external help resources and internal documentation
- Drive bug resolutions and feature requests with Product and Engineering
- Scale Support to facilitate Yext’s growth in clients, geographies, and solutions
- Raise the Bar – work continuously with the team to ideate, build and scale new ways of thinking / approaches to raise the bar in terms of the value we are bringing to our customers
What You Have
- 10+ years of experience in Customer Support/Success
- 5+ years Management experience
- Experience managing both ICs and People Managers
- Enterprise (B2B) Client Support experience with a SaaS product; ideally in the Search space
- A true, inspirational leader who enjoys hiring, developing, mentoring, and motivating top talent
- A strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who is able to use data to find solutions
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to business audiences
- Proven track record of building and managing a multi-channel, multi-tiered Support organization
- Strong customer-centric mindset, confidence/experience in speaking with clients and defusing escalated situations
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.