The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
The Principal, IT Project Manager (Enterprise Applications) is responsible for overseeing a diverse range of programs and projects across IT in support of the Yext Finance, HR and GTM systems roadmap, technology upgrades and consolidation initiatives. Reporting to the PMO Director, this role is responsible for developing and executing the overall project vision, goals and strategies for the projects in the various enterprise business application domains. This individual will ensure that IT programs and projects meet organizational goals and requirements, deliver desired outcomes, and are executed with consistency, within budget and leverage project management standards. This is a key PMO role that will have a mix of responsibilities - enhance the maturity and adoption of the IT PLC methodology, driving projects and programs effectively, training other junior PMs on best practices as appropriate.
What You'll Do
- PMO partner for medium and large cross functional projects in the Business application domain.
- Exercise solid project leadership skills combined with strong business acumen and in-depth analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
- Manage cross-functional plans, collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams (and external vendors if applicable) to define requirements and manage timelines.
- Facilitation of end-to-end scoping / estimation and managing dependencies.
- Collect requirements and assist with the creation of project deliverables, as needed.
- Steer teams based on business objectives, continuously align teams to those objectives, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines.
- Serve as an escalation point, providing conflict resolution to drive project quality, on-time/ budget delivery.
- Establish and facilitate effective project management governance, oversight and prioritization in support of organization's objectives.
- Drive project progress monitoring and provide visibility to the right detail to the right stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and update processes and documentation, to ensure they're followed throughout IT.
- Develop and formally capture and communicate outcomes of meetings, actionable deliverables, or activities to be completed.
- Work alongside the functional team leads to help draft SOWs and scope projects for successful delivery.
- Work alongside the PMO Lead on PLC (project lifecycle management) maturity and lead by example while driving projects.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent with relevant project or program management qualification.
- 8+ years of progressive project/program management of related industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Finance and HR systems related project management work, consulting, or related field.
- High level understanding of Finance and HR business processes and ability to interact comfortably with both business and IT SMEs is highly desirable.
- Hands-on PM experience with Workday Financials, Workday HCM and Netsuite highly desirable.
- Experience with GTM related projects (Salesforce and Commission systems) is nice to have.
- An excellent understanding of program and project management methodologies and techniques, including strong financial budgeting and resource management acumen.
- Previous experience delivering several challenging projects or programs.
- Ability to manage SI partners effectively.
- Ability to prioritize what is key to a project success and make the right judgement calls working with IT and business leadership.
- Experience drafting change management and communication plans working with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to coordinate team members across disparate global teams and plus.
- Strong presentation skills and experience running steering committee meetings with C-level execs is desirable.
- You have strong organization and prioritization skills
- You can operate effectively in a high demand, rapidly shifting / fluid environment.
- You can bring clarity to ambiguous situations
- You have experience driving mid to large-scale projects and programs from start to finish within highly complex operating environments
- You have a proven track record of on-time and high-quality project delivery in an IT landscape.
- You are comfortable communicating at all levels of an organization from executives to project teams.
- You can send out crisp status reports and run effective core team meetings.
- You are self-motivated, organized, efficient and process-oriented
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- You have good work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- You understand the importance of excellent customer relationship management skills and are a strong team player.
- You have experience working with offshore delivery teams and managing partner SI’s on large projects.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.