The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
The Principal Business Analyst (Tableau) is part of the Business Intelligence and Integrations team that is responsible for analytics and integrations supported by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Product and Engineering. The right candidate has empathy, curiosity and desire to improve and constantly learn; has technical experience in all the capabilities of the Tableau data analytics platform and a proven track record of driving best practices and processes, with hands-on experience in creating visualizations, performance tuning, & role-based access.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build performant data visualizations primarily for Finance and HR departments. They will work independently and in partnership with a global team of PMs, business analysts, and ETL developers (onsite and offshore).
- Provide vision for enhancements, technical design, and participate in design reviews to ensure governance principles and best practices are followed.
- Debug, support, and test new and existing data visualizations.
- Lead key phases of the Tableau development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, solution design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment; take ownership of escalated or complex issues and follow through to resolution.
- Enable Tableau users to build their own workbooks by maintaining data lineage documentation for the Tableau End User Layer.
- Maximize adoption and data driven decision making among business users by participating in Yext Tableau user community meetings.
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvement: identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies to help improve operational efficiencies.
- Suggest improvements inspired by ideas from the global Tableau community.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications, by attending meetings and discussion with Business users
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results using Tableau
- Facilitate workshops - story-boarding workshops, translate story-boarding artifacts into functional and technical specifications and provide input on design
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards. Choose the proper visualizations, use data blending features, and create Data sources.
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scatter plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and charts.
- Document and analyze requirements, scope, business rules (use cases) and user stories for any requests.
- Clearly communicate progress, dependencies, risks, issues, key metrics to IT and business stakeholders.
What You Have
- 7-8 Years experience as business analyst on data analytics project; at least 4 years experience with Tableau, development, configuration and system administration.
- Strong understanding and experience working with designing visualizations for decision making.
- Experience in data engineering, dimensional database design, data lake, and data warehouse.
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements; working at-scale by standardizing components to ship visualizations rapidly.
- Experience using ticketing tools like Zendesk and project management tools like JIRA.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Business Applications - Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ), Zuora, Callidus, Coupa.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Tableau Desktop Certified Professional / Tableau Server Certified Professional.
- Experience with CPQ, & quote to cash processes in a SaaS / recurring revenue company.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, onshore and offshore, internal and external resources.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.