The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a Front End Engineer to join a growing creative team tasked with providing the best experience for our customers. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with designers, product managers, and front-end engineers to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful and usable user experiences for our software platform.
IMPORTANT: All candidates must include a portfolio with personal design and/or engineering contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
What You’ll Do
- Take an active role in establishing UX prototyping as a core capability at Yext
- Work on a variety of projects, across a range of stacks, supporting various product initiatives impacting both Yext’s platform experience as well as consumer-facing interfaces
- Collaborate closely with designers and product leads in concept development and design iteration
- Translate ideas and concepts into sophisticated and interactive prototypes to explore and test new features and products
- Serve as a bridge between design and development, ensuring that design vision is maintained through thoughtfully written, production-minded code
- Inform and contribute to Yext’s centralized UX component library
- Stay up-to-date with and display knowledge of the latest in web technologies to optimize efficiencies and improve user experiences
- Develop custom tools and automations to help expedite design and business objectives
- Effectively present team work, with clear communication about intent and process
- Contribute to user experience best practices and act as an experience evangelist to the company
What You Have
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or related technical field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in web-based interaction design / development (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in independently developing interactive prototypes
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes and work under tight deadlines
- Expertise with interactions, transitions, and animations using a variety of tools and libraries - GreenSock, Lotti, Anime, React-Spring, Framer Motion, Pop Motion, Hero, etc.
- Experience working with Design and Prototyping Tools like Sketch, Figma, XD, InVision, Framer, ProtoPie, Principle, etc.
- Experience working with dynamic data-driven visualization libraries - D3, Recharts, Victory, React-vis, Chart.js, etc.
- Experience with Git/Github and common Git workflows
- Experience with package managers (NPM, Yarn), task managers and build (Webpack) tools
- Experience working with APIs
- Passion for design and the intersection of design and technology
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.