The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like T-Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover, BBVA USA, and Kiehl’s — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and World Health Organization — trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is a Search Experience Platform. We need you to help guide Developers using the platform to build the best, most innovative experiences for our customers. As a Developer Evangelist, you are responsible for building, expanding, engaging and supporting our Developer community and Hitchhiker Programs. You will help manage our Developer site and Hitchhiker Training for developers, create open source example projects on our platform to help inspire developers, and connect with developers around the world about the Yext Developer Experience. This role lives within the Product & Strategy Department and works closely with Product, Engineering, UX, and Product Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Create and manage guides, tutorials, blog posts and other content for Developers
- Create sample projects using our latest technologies to showcase the possibilities of the platform
- Help to redesign and manage the Yext Developer Experience, including our Documentation site
- Meet with and mentor developers at Partners or Customers
- Develop an expertise in Yext’s product offerings, underlying implementation and technical design
- Drive developer requirements and feature requests with Product and Engineering
- Attend conferences or events to represent Yext in the larger developer community
What You Have
- 3+ years of software development experience, ideally in frontend web development
- Proficiency in server side languages (e.g., Python) preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Search technologies like SOLR or Elastic preferred but not required
- Passion for creating new things
- Proven history of continuous learning and ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and lead projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate sophisticated information so that it is easily understood by non-technical users, as needed
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.