The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect is part of the GTM (Go-To-Market) Systems team that is responsible for internal applications supported by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Product and Engineering. The right candidate has empathy, curiosity and desire to improve and constantly learn; has deep technical experience in all the capabilities and functionalities of the Salesforce.com platform and a proven track record of driving best practices and processes, with hands-on experience in core development (configuration, automation, customization & integration patterns). This individual will: a) Design and build scalable technical solutions working independently and in partnership with a global team of PMs, business analysts, and developers (onsite and offshore); b) Provide vision for enhancements, technical design, and participate in code reviews to ensure development standards and best practices are followed; c) Develop, enhance, debug, support, analyze, maintain and test new and existing Salesforce functionality, managed apps and connected applications.
- Lead in key phases of the Salesforce development lifecycle, including solution design, configuration, code development, testing, and deployment; take ownership of escalated or complex issues and follow through to resolution.
- Drive down technical debt by implementing best practices and updating legacy code & config; re-write and rebuild functionality to improve performance, security, scalability, and reliability of Yext’s Salesforce platform.
- Deliver on full life cycle from inception to implementation: design, develop, configure, code, test, and debug complex requirements related to the Salesforce platform...while ensuring best practices are followed for integration, application development, deployment, data integrity, and ongoing enhancements.
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvement: identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies to help improve operational efficiencies.
- Improve and evolve the Salesforce Lightning Platform, with focus on improving user experience and performance.
- Drive and govern the platform design, capacity planning, and system/application development in Salesforce.
- Translate business requirements to solution design, develop design options & recommendations, review design and code, and manage issues and risks.
- Improve deployment processes, continuous integration, post production operations, and sandbox management.
- Collaborate with, mentor and guide the development teams on delivering quality code and test classes.
- 7+ years development experience; at least 5 years experience with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce.com APIs, configuration and custom development of several Salesforce.com CRM modules.
- Significant experience in practicing and leading agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements; working at-scale by reusing components and code to push apps out fast.
- Experience development tools, including Force.com IDE or Illuminated Cloud, Ant migration tool, Gerrit, Github, and others.
- Experience with agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments (Teamcity, Jenkins, etc).
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Deep and broad knowledge of Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ).
- Salesforce Certified Technical Architect or multiple Salesforce certifications (Appl Architect, System Architect, Platform Developer II).
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with CPQ, & quote to cash processes in a SaaS / recurring revenue company is a big plus.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, onshore and offshore, internal and external resources.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.