The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The Senior Director, Investor Relations collaborates with the SVP, International Finance & IRO, and the Chiefs of Staff of both the Offices of the CEO and Office of the CFO in developing and executing a best in class Investor Relations strategy, operating plans, budget, and tactical elements of the global IR program. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate and update investors and security analysts about the company, including communicating Yext’s strategic direction and financial results to investors and the analysts in accordance with the provisions of SEC Regulations FD (Fair Disclosure) and through press releases, conference calls, analyst conferences, bus tours and roadshow events.
This person collaborates with a broad spectrum of internal organizations (CEO, CFO, treasury, finance, legal, public relations, marketing, sales operational areas, customer success and others) to ensure strategic communications on activities supporting Yext’s operational goals and objectives.
The Senior Director, Investor Relations creates, develops and nurtures external relationships with institutional investors and sell-side analysts. Yext has been public for 2 years, and a critical function of this leader will be to foster and assist in diligence and onboarding of new research firm coverage.
This leader responds to questions/requests from the executive management team and the investment community, and brings the IRO and executive management where deemed important to the conversation.
- Thorough analysis of Yext’s business and financial results, assist SVP with the strategy, agenda, and content of presentations including development of messaging, writing of all financial press releases, and writing of clear and effective scripts for CEO and CFO, as well as Q&A preparation
- Collection of key business statistics from operating units, validation of data with information owners
- Review analyst reports on an ongoing and timely daily basis with particular attention to information available prior to investor events as one tool to provide guidance to management on potential questions or concerns
- Analyze and review analyst models for accuracy of financial data
- Produce summary and details by analyst of sell-side analyst reports after investor events - revenues, earnings, margin, and EPS consensus, Buy/Hold/Sell recommendations, price targets, identify follow-up points and assist in data gathering for discussions with analysts where appropriate
- Works with the SVP in providing guidance and preparation to management on potential key issues and questions
- Responsible for management of the investor relations website, including all updating of all schedules and content
- Respond directly to analyst calls for historical or financial statement data; serve as the secondary point of contact for investment community functioning as an accurate source of information on Yext (financial and non-financial)
- Develop and communicate an understanding of the investment community's view of Yext financial outlook to the management team
- Continuously seeks to improve processes and procedures to ensure Yext is utilizing "best practices"; including staying abreast of new communication tools
Investor and Analyst Events
- They include quarterly earnings conference calls, annual investor and financial analyst day, investor roadshows, in-house analyst meetings, investor bus tours, and broker sponsored conferences
- Accompany and travel with CEO, CFO and/or SVP at analyst events - available as IR resource for attendees
- Manage the production of all investor events including presentations, analyst/investor profiles, feedback, and appropriate disclosure
- Analyze investor and target (potential investor) profiles for participation in roadshows to maximize the effectiveness of CEO/CFO time
- Create a targeted strategy on potential investors globally where Yext can potentially be additive and align to their portfolio
- Direct quarterly earnings call process, timelines and material preparation
- Coordinate the timing of due dates with corp. finance groups and business units
- Provide guidance to IR analyst re: communication line support
- Material include: script, financial press release, Q&A, and metrics “cheat sheet”
Competitive, Industry and Market Surveillance
- Monitor competitor events and technology trends to determine the best venue/method of dissemination (e.g. live shows, streaming video, product demonstrations)
- Use knowledge regarding current economic and market conditions, competitor positioning and Yext strategy to drive content relevant to investment analyst audience
- Monitor Yext external news for consistency/accuracy of messaging, especially CFO/management media spots
- Investor Relations Reporting & Analytics
- Provides General Counsel with ownership data required to be reported in the Proxy Statement
- Oversees quarterly 13F reporting of ownership which includes reporting Yext stock ownership to executive management, SEC reporting and legal department (summary, list of owners, changes, link to investor contact)
- Assists others in the preparation of CEO/CFO presentations to Board of Directors, Town Hall meetings, Financial Analyst Conference, and as requested throughout the year; includes analysis and presentation of investor perceptions and opinions, stock price movements and ownership analysis
- Collaborate with Yext strategy and marketing teams to provide relevant analytics to management in accordance with an external perspective
- Manage Annual Letter to Shareholders
- Provide weekly write-up of financial disclosures for stock updates, and other relevant industry news
- Performs other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or similar college level education, Preferred Major or Area of Concentration Accounting, Finance, Economics
- 8 - 10 years of related experience
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the following: MBA/CFA/CPA
- Strong analytic ability solid finance background and the ability to get behind the numbers, understand and interpret the company's financial results
- Excellent written, verbal & interpersonal skills strong communicator and an excellent listener; must be able to translate strategic messages into creative, clear, concise and accurate presentations; ability to write speeches for management; clearly and concisely explain financial and operating data
- Technical knowledge strong technical accounting knowledge of 606 Accounting Standards, GAAP, SEC regulations and standards of IR practice; strong knowledge of financial statement preparation and analysis; experience with Nasdaq, Bloomberg or Ipreo products a plus
- Ability to execute multiple projects, deliver against established deadlines and to work under tight time constraints; ability to remain calm and work well under pressure; attention to detail
- Logical thinking ability to analyze and process knowledge, ideas, and information to arrive at a rational conclusion in a clearly defined manner
- Office skills proficient in Google Suite including Docs, Sheets, MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Role to be based at Yext Global Headquarters in New York City
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.