The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for a Junior Database Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. Databases are a core technology underlying the Yext platform. We’re seeking a highly motivated database administrator/engineer for a key role in expanding our database environment to suit the company’s rapid growth.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Perform database installation/upgrades in dev environment
- Develop and improve backup and recovery automation, ensuring database availability
- Develop and maintain database maintenance plans
- Proactively monitor and respond to database alerts
- Assist in refining a physical design to meet system storage and performance requirements
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Create and maintain database documentation as required
- A relentless passion for learning and technology
- 1-2 years experience as a database administrator in MySql
- 1-2 years experience in SQL programming
- Experience of administering MySql databases
- Experience installing and setting up databases
- Experience with database Monitoring and Diagnostic
- Understanding of database security, authentication and permissions
- Knowledge of database systems architecture, schemas and buffers / cache
- Experience creating database objects, indexes, stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Knowledge of database normalization and constraints
- Knowledge of database replication, backup and restore
- Some experience writing software that utilizes databases
- Linux administration including scripting (bash/python)
- Experience with source control tools git/gerrit
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or similar college level education
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Some experience working with CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Some knowledge of programming languages like (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.