The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join Japan Finance team. This role will partner closely with NYC FP&A team and multiple functional organizations internally, providing a wide breadth of exposure to executives and stakeholders. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with business partners to manage and forecast operating costs, compiling management reporting and conducting financial review meetings with executives, participating in cross-functional workstreams, and providing analytical support to drive business growth in APAC and Japan.
Reporting into the CFO of Yext K.K., the successful candidate will be data and results oriented, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high comfort with financial analysis, attention to detail, and be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Perform standard FP&A duties and analysis around month-end close, forecasting, and preparation of management reports related to financial results
- Foster cross-departmental relationships between FP&A and budget owners
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and quarterly and monthly reforecast processes. Ensure operations are executing to the financial plan.
- Investigate variances between actuals and budget and/or forecasts to understand trends and potential risks and opportunities for Yext
- Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions. Analyze data and financial and business metrics to inform executives. Must be able to provide context, draw appropriate conclusions and provide recommendations.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and other cross-functional workstreams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar college level education
- 5-7 years experience in FP&A, Accounting, Consulting, Banking, or related roles. Experience in a high growth technology company a plus.
- Power user of Excel. Familiarity with business intelligence and financial planning applications a plus (e.g. Anaplan, Hyperion, Salesforce).
- Strong understanding of accounting and the ability to draw upon knowledge in order to produce accurate forecasts; work closely with the Accounting group to ensure accuracy and completeness during period-end close.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong proficiency in financial modeling, attention to detail
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to travel overseas as needed.
- Native-like fluency in Japanese, as well as advanced English proficiency
- All candidates, who may not have the above-listed years’ experience, but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply and will be considered
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.