The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a Senior Manager of Sales Finance. As a key member of the sales and go-to-market finance team, the right individual will have the opportunity to act as the channel CFO and strategic advisor directly supporting sales leadership. The right candidate for this role will demonstrate strong collaboration skills, financial aptitude, excellent business intuition, and ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- Act as the “P&L” owner for one or more business units, including bookings, revenue, and expense, partnering closely with the respective leaders.
- Partner with the Direct Sales and Customer Success teams to provide weekly forecasts for bookings and ACV retention.
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization to help optimize and strategize around investment decisions.
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to ensure accurate monthly close and forecast precision for the Sales organization.
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to all stakeholders, including business partners within the sales organization, the executive team, and investor relations.
- Visualize and present key metrics on an ongoing basis to various stakeholders across the company.
- Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions. Analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree or similar college level education in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus.
- 8-12 years of experience in finance or a related field. Prior software industry experience preferred.
- Power user of Excel. Familiarity with Salesforce.com, business intelligence, and financial planning applications is a plus (e.g. Anaplan, Workday).
- Comfort working independently and diving into data or creating models.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and department heads as a trusted and objective advisor
- Excellent analytical skills, strong proficiency in financial modeling, and familiarity with accounting concepts. Knowledge of ASC-606 a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines. High attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to managers and senior executives.
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance data and legal contracts.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.