Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Accountant, International with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the statutory compliance for the international entities, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen the overall control environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS, SEC regulations, and internal controls and can exceed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company and have exposure across divisions and with leaders at Yext.
- Review the monthly general ledger activities for GAAP to Statutory differences
- Perform financial statement analysis for each international entity and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected and in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Working with accounting/finance to resolve and troubleshoot issues arising during the statutory reporting process
- Assemble and provide requested information to external auditors and tax authorities for annual audit
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Prepare schedules and reports for management and external service providers
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Support financial reporting, tax and planning teams, as necessary
- Coordinate with external services providers for statutory financial statement and tax preparation
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of US GAAP, IFRS, and internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- All candidates, who may not have the above-listed years’ experience, but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply and will be considered
- CPA designation
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Blackline
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.