Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
The Tools and Infrastructure team enables application teams to develop, build, test, deploy, operate, and monitor their software with a focus on engineering productivity and codebase health. We work on large range of projects, from migrating the entire application to Kubernetes to consulting with teams on their monitoring and alerting strategy.
A Day in the Life
- Maintain and upgrade our build system so that developers never have to wait long for compiles. Design and implement a remote execution and caching solution for engineers across two geographical sites.
- Evolve our Continuous Delivery pipeline so that the right tests are run on each commit, code inspections are automatically applied, and we can see quality metrics over time.
- Design and build tools to administer and comprehend increasing numbers of microservices. Define a set of a standards that services should meet and implement a service scorecard to judge service health at a glance.
- Build and maintain minimal and secure container images for applications to run in and provide docker support to developers.
- Build and maintain our development and production infrastructure to support the product's growth using Kubernetes and associated technologies. Help us achieve 100% Infrastructure as Code across a hybrid cloud / on-prem system running in a dozen sites around the world.
- Develop and maintain libraries in Java and Go for interacting with databases, message queues, and other infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain our tools and libraries for monitoring, alerting, and distributed tracing.
- Diagnose and solve problems across the application and infrastructure stacks in a Linux environment.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity
- Design and build automated build, test and deployment infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with application teams to influence their monitoring and alerting practices.
- Communicate succinctly and in a timely manner with the 100+ engineers supported and propelled by our team.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.