At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.

The Data Scientist will draw insights from large and/or complex data sets to solve business problems addressed by use cases.  The Data Scientist will assess applicability of different AI/ML methods for different use cases and be responsible for building and iterating models to support business outcomes.  The Data Scientist will help drive advanced analytics thinking and methodologies by investigating various topics and sharing insights with broader Data & Analytics team as well as business stakeholders

Responsibilities:

• Gather business requirements, translate them into information solutions, identify required data structures and apply strong expertise in advanced analytics techniques (e.g. artificial intelligence and machine-learning) to design, prototype, and build solutions to business problems
  • Collaborate with Data Engineer(s) to support data modelling and testing during projects
  • Ensure analytics tools and methods used in projects are robust and of the highest quality
  • Ensure frequent communication with other stakeholders to drive use case development and manage expectations on model limitations and lead times
  • Collaborate with business units to provide technical guidance related to AI/ML based models
  • Develop best practices for analytics (models, standards, tools) and share learnings with peers
  • Contribute to build the capabilities of Advanced Analytics, attending conferences, allocating time to investigate new topics, etc.

Qualifications and Attributes:

• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 4 years’ experience in a data science related role OR Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and at least 0-2 years’ experience in a statistical and/or data science role
  • Expertise in advanced analytical techniques (e.g. descriptive statistics, machine learning, optimization, pattern recognition, cluster analysis, segmentation analysis, etc.)
  • Experience using analytical tools and languages, (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
  • Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS Lambda, etc.)
  • Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
  • Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
  • Knowledge of the industry and ability to translate business needs into advanced analytics solutions
  • Ability to communicate effectively with both the advanced analytics team and business unit
  • Leadership skills that includes experience collaborating with a cross-functional teams
  • Ability to manage time and schedules to meet deadlines

YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.

#LI-CL1

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographic Questions

U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)

Individuals seeking employment at YETI are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. This data collection is also requested to reflect our inclusive values at YETI.

Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Please choose the self-expression that best fits you. I identify my gender as:

I identify my race as:

I identify my disability status as:

I identify my veteran status as: